On gender and agriculture: webinar series
This webinar series on issues related to gender and agriculture was developed in collaboration with CGIAR Research Programs and partners. It is designed as a knowledge sharing tool to facilitate exchange among members of the CGIAR Collaborative Platform for Gender Research.
The objectives are:
- Promoting knowledge sharing on gender research
- Increasing the visibility of CGIAR gender research
Upcoming webinars for 2018 and 2019:
17 December 2018: ‘Gendered constraints and opportunities in milk trading in peri-urban Nairobi‘ by Alessandra Galiè at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI).
23 January 2019 (tentative): ‘Guidelines and best practices for achieving gender-responsive rural climate services’ by Tatiana Gumucio at the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
21 March 2019 (tentative): ‘Culture, choice and action in legume and cereals seeds systems in East and North Uganda’ by Esther Njuguna-Mungai at the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes and Dryland Cereals (GLDC).
In 2019, we also hope to be able to schedule webinars from:
- The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
- The CGIAR Research Program on FISH
- The CGIAR Research Programs on MAIZE and on WHEAT
- The CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes and Dryland Cereals (GLDC)
- The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
We are planning a monthly series of webinars so watch this space for more information – please contact Ewen Le Borgne (e.leborgne [at] cgiar.org) for any webinar proposal.