In 2019, the Annual Scientific Conference and Capacity Development Workshop took a different approach with the ‘Seeds of Change‘ Conference.
This conference, jointly funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), CGIAR Collaborative Platform for Gender Research and University of Canberra took place on April 2-4, 2019 in Canberra, Australia (with various side meetings before and after the conference).
This event was an interdisciplinary conference for researchers and practitioners in all fields of agriculture (including food/commodity/cash crops, subsistence/semi-subsistence sectors, supply chains, forestry, fisheries, and water management).
The following six themes featured in the Seeds of Change conference:
- Gender and Equity for Nutritious and Healthy Food Systems
- Gender, Agricultural Productivity and Rural Transformation
- Cultivating Equality: Bringing Evidence from the Field to Close the Agricultural Gender Gap
- Men, Masculinity and Changing Rural Economies
- Labour and Production Relations
- Gender Integration in Agri-food Systems Research for Development
For more information about scholarships, invited speakers, program, organizing team, venue etc. go to: https://www.canberra.edu.au/research/faculty-research-centres/aisc/seeds-of-change
- Recorded livestream plenary sessions and about 20 interviews are available on the ACIAR YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-wYcyMyLz8Ih6M-9mf2zhIimiISlZET
- All 120 presentations (nearly) are available on: https://www.slideshare.net/CGIAR/presentations
- Some pictures and updates from the conference: https://www.facebook.com/ACIARAustralia/posts/2054168578008364 and https://www.facebook.com/ACIARAustralia/posts/2055525801205975
- Finally, see below a variety of interviews and write-ups related to the conference.
You can also find some additional links, outputs, information on the ACIAR gender portal: https://co-lab.aciar.gov.au/seedsofchange/