The CGIAR Collaborative Platform for Gender Research convened its first Annual Scientific Conference and Capacity Development Workshop on December 5-8 2017 at KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam. Here you can learn more about the event, and find post-conference updates.
Do you have question about the Annual Scientific Conference and Capacity Development Workshop? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To engage CGIAR scientists in the development of a cross-CGIAR framework for gender research that reflects the system’s priorities, strengths and gaps.
- To promote knowledge-sharing, critical feedback and networking amongst researchers engaged in gender research working towards higher quality outputs.
- To collectively reflect on the contribution of CGIAR gender research on aqua/agriculture and natural resource management for the broader field of gender and development.
- To build the capacity of CGIAR gender scientists on requested themes.
- 27 November: preparatory webinar – communicating gender research to a scientific audience.
- 4 December: Pre-meeting for Gender Research Coordinators and Center Gender Representatives (by invitation)
- 5 December: Scientific Conference day 1
- 6 December: Scientific Conference day 2
- 7 December: Capacity Development Workshop day 1
- 8 December: Capacity Development Workshop day 2 and Community of Practice (CoP) meetings
For more information about the program, click here.
Outputs from the conference:
- Highlights from the First Annual Scientific Conference and Capacity Development Workshop
- Award-winning paper establishes links between women’s empowerment and crop seed improvement and governance in pre-war Syria
- See (nearly) all presentations featured in the week
- Cross perspectives from participants, featuring short videos from: