Visiting researcher: CGIAR Gender and Agriculture Research Network Communications support
Department: Data, Information, Knowledge Group
Position: Visiting researcher- Communications support
Location: Cali, Colombia
Term: 1 year
Application deadline: 30 April 2016
Starting date: 1 May 2016
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) provides Communications, Knowledge and Information Management to the CGIAR Gender and Agriculture Research Network.
The visiting researcher will support the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator for the Gender Network and be responsible for generating, editing and curating content and special features, including social media for the gender network’s website and related online channels, with the aim of increasing the sites’ effectiveness in attracting and engaging with target audiences such as network members and donors.
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management. The visiting researcher will:
- Develop, update, curate and manage content, for the gender web site gender.wpengine.com
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the gender website
- Draft text, copy edit and proofread web content
- Support the implementation of the gender network’s digital communications strategy
- Track and report on site metrics
- Work with colleagues across the Consortium to maintain pages and related content
- Provide support to the gender network’s collaborative platform, including data entry, uploading of documents, tagging of different types of content and related activities
- Support events through administrative tasks and develop required resources such as presentations, posters, etc.
- Support the gender network’s coordination team with communication, knowledge management and other related tasks as needed
Required qualifications & competencies
- Recently graduated or currently affiliated with an institution of higher education or research in pursuit of a Master’s degree in a related field
- Interested in online communications and demonstrates creative use of online tools
- Strong writing/editing skills and experience in scientific research and publications; experience in gender research desirable but not mandatory.
- Sound understanding of, and skilled in the use of online tools and content management systems such as WordPress , Buddypress, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Flickr) and preferably design skills (Adobe, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Technical expertise in content management systems stated above desirable
- Independent and proactive individual that works well with minimal supervision.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Solid experience managing dynamic websites and knowledge of digital trends
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish is desirable
- Attention to detail, organized, and executes assignments on time and with quality
Terms and conditions
CIAT offers visiting researchers a monthly stipend paid in US dollars and an airline ticket to and from Cali, Colombia. CIAT will assist in obtaining necessary travel documents, including a work visa.
The position is internationally recruited and will be based at CIAT Headquarters in Palmira, Colombia. The recruited candidate will work under the supervision of the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator for the CGIAR Gender Network.
The contract will be for one year. CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for diversity.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume (less than 2 pages), and names and email addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
All correspondence should be addressed to Martina Mascarenhas at (m.mascarenhas(at)cgiar.org) and must include “Visiting Researcher: CGIAR Gender and Agriculture Research network Communications” in the subject line.
Applications received after 30 April 2016 will not be considered. To learn more about the CGIAR Gender and Agriculture Research Network visit: gender.wpengine.com. Click here to download this vacancy announcement.