The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an experienced science writer/editor consultant to provide writing and editing services for the CGIAR GENDER Platform’s resource hub, website and other communications products for up to five days a month.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR Research Centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
ILRI hosts Generating Evidence and New Directions for Equitable Results (GENDER), which is CGIAR’s new platform designed to put gender equality at the forefront of global agricultural research for development. The Platform will transform the way gender research is done, both within and beyond CGIAR, to kick-start a process of genuine change toward greater gender equality and better lives for smallholder farmers everywhere. https://gender.cgiar.org/
Scope of Work
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the CGIAR GENDER Platform to write and edit high-quality content for its resource hub and website as well as for other purposes.
- Write summaries of tools and methods for GENDER’s resource hub
- Edit evidence explainers for GENDER’s resource hub
- Write and edit other content for GENDER, including blog posts
- Support content management
- Edit GENDER publications, as needed
Consultancy Fee: Lumpsum or by mutual agreement based on agreed milestones and deliverables
Post location: Home base
Duration January 2021 to December 2021
Essential skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- At least five years of relevant work experience in the area of science writing and editing.
- Extensive experience writing and editing science communications products for a range of audiences
- Impeccable English writing and editing skills
- High-level proficiency with Drupal, Microsoft Office and social media applications
- Interest in science, agriculture and development sector, with interest in gender issues a strong advantage
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong self-starter
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, three writing samples and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three references who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 18 January 2021. The position title and reference number GP/01/ 2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.