The KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam is currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Advisor Gender to strengthen its gender team.
- Title: Senior Gender Advisor
- Department: Sustainable Economic Development & Gender, The KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam
- Hours: 32-38 hours/week
- Salary indication: Between €4626 to a maximum of €5431 (gross per month, 38-hour work week).
- Location: Amsterdam
- More information: Contact Anouka van Eerdewijk (email@example.com)
- Apply before: May 20, 2021
The KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam is currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Advisor Gender to strengthen our gender team. The senior advisor will lead projects offering advisory and applied knowledge services in gender equality and women’s rights in agriculture and inclusive business. In particular, the senior advisor contributes to expanding and deepening our gender work around one or more of the following thematic areas of expertise: (1) gender-transformative approaches in agriculture and natural resource management, (2) gender in inclusive value chains, (3) women’s rights and responsible business conduct, or (4) monitoring, evaluation and learning on empowerment and gender transformative outcomes. We expect the senior advisor to co-develop the future strategy of the KIT gender team, lead gender team acquisition efforts and support junior and medior colleagues.
- Provide advice in support of development organisations and businesses integrating and promoting gender equality and women’s rights (for instance in seed sector development, agricultural innovation, natural resource management or climate change programming).
- Develop and implement gender capacity building programs (including training, coaching, action learning and other forms of knowledge sharing) at international, regional and national levels.
- Support and facilitate institutional change, including design and supervision of gender audits and institutional assessments; development of gender strategies and policies, and support their implementation; and monitoring, evaluation and learning of institutional change, gender-transformative change and/or gender integration strategies.
- Design, implement and disseminate applied qualitative and/or quantitative research on gender equality and women’s rights in agriculture and inclusive business.
- Liaise with donors and partners to mobilize resources and acquire projects to realise the knowledge ambitions of the gender team.
- Contribute to gender team learning and knowledge development.
- Contribute to strategic positioning of KIT’s gender work, nationally and internationally.
- Academic qualification (minimum of Master degree) in social sciences, for example anthropology, geography, (rural) development studies, with a focus on agricultural development, natural resource management and/or inclusive business– and preferably with a strong and focused specialisation in gender studies.
- A minimum of ten years of working experience in gender in agriculture and inclusive business (e.g. agriculture research, rural and NRM development agencies, private sector or global supply chain stakeholders)
- A publication track record in the field of gender equality, women’s rights and/or gender-transformative change in agriculture and inclusive business
- A PhD is an advantage
- Experience in applied research; gender capacity strengthening; advisory/consultancy work; institutional change and knowledge management and (online) facilitation; and gender integration within MEL, with government and non-government institutions, including civil society and women rights organisations.
- Long-term working experience in LMIC countries is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in acquiring and leading large projects/programmes is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with the (co-)design and implementation of a team strategy is an advantage.
- Team player with excellent listening and problem solving skills. Capacity to work in and lead diverse multicultural teams and maintain good working relations with global partners.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of French is an additional advantage.
- Regular short–term travel is required for this position.