Papers should address challenges posed by changes in gender inequality for food security with attention to drawing out the implications at national to global scales. Abstracts for consideration should be submitted by October 31, 2016. Notice of acceptance of an abstract will be completed by November 14, 2016. Submission of full length papers for review should be completed by February…
Recently, the journal of Gender, Technology and Development released a special issue exploring gender-based disparities in resource access and its contribution to uneven production levels between men and women. As farmers continue to develop methods of climate change adaptation, unequal access to resources could prevent women from adapting at the same pace as their male counterparts.
Migration has also led to demographic shifts. In Africa and much of Asia, increasing male-out migration has transformed gender: agriculture is increasingly becoming the domain of women who stay behind, as they try to meet the food needs of the extended family while migrants meet cash needs.
From the CGIAR Community
While parents undoubtedly consider many child characteristics when making these decisions, one which previous research highlights as being an important predictor of parental inputs is a child’s sex.
Gender Research Studies
This is a catalogue of research studies that involve the use of sex-disaggregated data. The catalogue is intended to provide an entry point to access ongoing and past gender research.
The studies that can be entered to this catalogue can be:
- CGIAR Research that involves the use of sex-disaggregated data: data on individual men and women
- CGIAR Research that involves the use of household data where female-headed households are differentiated from other types of household structure
The catalogue will provide input to the Fund Council Gender Monitoring Framework Indicator "Data Collection", which monitors the rate of change in compliance with the minimum standards for sex disaggregated data collection.
Please note that if you want to share CGIAR Research, such as literature reviews, conceptual work or any other type of research directly related to gender, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Standards for Collecting Sex-disaggregated Data for Gender Analysis: A Guide for CGIAR Researchers
- Participatory Research and Gender Analysis in Agricultural and Natural Resource Management Research
- How can smallholder farmer-market linkages enhance improved technology options and natural resource management strategies?
- Fitomejoramiento Participativo: Un Nuevo Desafío en la Generación y Apropiación Variedades por los agricultores de Papa en Bolivia
- Participatory Plant Breeding: A New Challenge in the Generation and Appropriation of Potato Varieties by Farmers in Bolivia
- Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) Pilot for Guatemala (IFPRI)
- Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) Pilot for Uganda (IFPRI)
- Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) Pilot for Bangladesh (IFPRI)
- Gender Household Survey Phase 2 (CCAFS)
- Gender Household Survey (CCAFS)