Learn more about how Bioversity International addresses gender issues in its research projects
EL BATAN, Mexico (CIMMYT): Read about how compiling gender-inclusive data could help scientists understand how to help improve nitrogen fertilizer application practices among smallholder farmers, according to a new research paper.
A new study from the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) examines the successes and challenges faced by a number of community forest enterprises in Nepal, which provide a range of products and services including ecotourism, timber, essential oils, handmade paper, and juice made from forest fruits.
Women face new challenges and opportunities in agriculture and natural resource management. Climate change and resource constraints mandate innovations in primary production and disrupt traditional gender norms. New roads and power lines bring markets closer to formerly remote villages, and change relations between and among people. Diversification of rural economies creates off-farm jobs and increases the flow of cash. Migration, whether by choice or…
In 2017, the The Gender Research and Integrated Training (GRIT) workshop, led by Penn State University will take place from June 4-23.
Gender Research Studies
Do not miss
- Gender [im]balance in productive and reproductive labor among livestock producers in Colombia: Implications for climate change responses
- Entendiendo la dinámica del sector arrocero en Ecuador: Resultados de un estudio colaborativo.
- Gender-based constraints and opportunities to women’s participation in the small ruminant value chain in Ethiopia: A community capitals analysis
- Estudio cualitativo sobre roles de género en la producción de arroz en Ecuador
- Gender and innovation in Peru's native potato market chains.