Participation in household decisions and control over assets are often used as indicators of bargaining power. Yet spouses do not necessarily provide the same answers to questions about these topics. In their discussion paper “He says, she says: Exploring patterns of spousal agreement in Bangladesh”, authors Kate Ambler, Cheryl Doss, Caitlin Kieran, and Simone Passarelli examine differences in spouses’ answers…
National level indicators for gender, poverty, food security, nutrition and health in Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) activities
In this paper, CCAFS reviews a range of gender, poverty, food security, nutrition and health indicators relevant for national planning processes for Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) promotion and scale out. Better integration of these indicators into CSA assessments has been identified by CCAFS as a priority to strengthen the focus on resilience/adaptation efforts, specifically highlighting evidences of gender differences.
Through a new wheat initiative, ICARDA, supported by the African Development Bank and the CGIAR Research Program on Wheat, is challenging obstacles faced by rural women. Learn more about how the initiative is designing a strategy that seeks to enhance women’s access to key inputs and services at both the community and institutional level.
The second phase of the Gender, Agriculture, and Assets Project (GAAP2) aims to develop an index to measure women’s empowerment in agricultural development projects. This blog post from GGAP2 highlights the recent GAAP2 midterm workshop in Colombo, Sri Lanka, which brought together the GAAP2 community to review progress on the quantitative and qualitative studies being undertaken by GAAP2’s 15 agricultural…
Learn more about how Bioversity International addresses gender issues in its research projects
Gender Research Studies
- Gender [im]balance in productive and reproductive labor among livestock producers in Colombia: Implications for climate change responses
- Gender-based constraints and opportunities to women’s participation in the small ruminant value chain in Ethiopia: A community capitals analysis
- Entendiendo la dinámica del sector arrocero en Ecuador: Resultados de un estudio colaborativo.
- Link Methodology: Gender Responsive Manual
- Gender analysis in grain maize value chain in Northern and Central Benin