The course is in English.
What will you learn?
- A foundation knowledge of gender and data
- Best practices, methodologies, and tools to utilize when working with gender data
- Actionable steps to employ gender data to create impactful programs
What resources do you need to do it?
You need internet access and a computer. You need to open an online account (with login and passcode) to access the course.
More about this training
The course is designed for gender advisors, data specialists, and other development professionals. It unpacks complex and practical considerations to understand, use, and share gender data with the ultimate goal of impact.
Over 5 weeks, you will see interviews with gender and data experts. The course looks at best practices, methodologies and tools that will help you to limit biases, close gender gaps, and incorporate intersectional thinking in each step of the gender data lifecycle.
Practical activities that reinforce your learning include:
- a gender data scavenger hunt
- interactive data processing
- creating an infographic that illustrates gender data
- open-source gender data geo-mapping
- outlines on the impact of gender data
As the course is online, you will need access to the internet. You will also need to create an account, with a login and passcode. Learning is self-paced, and takes about 30 hours to complete. Three to five hours a week is recommended.
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact TechChange at email@example.com