The CGIAR GENDER Impact Platform is contributing to an official CSW67 side event organized by Kenya's Ministry of Public Service, Gender and Affirmative Action.
The objectives of this event include
- Showcasing best practices and opportunities that women have in promoting food security ventures through innovation;
- Demonstrating how innovation in agricultural value chains can influence the change in the quality of life for their households;
- Demonstrating the strategic value associated with women in leadership, towards the achievement of food and nutrition security and the central role of women in attaining food and nutrition security; and,
- Modeling the multiple roles that different actors can bring in strategic partnerships to amplify the voice and role of women in advancing gendered innovations in food security with like-minded organizations.
- H.E. Anne Waiguru, EGH Governor, Kirinyaga County
- H.E Cecily Mbarire, MGH Governor, Embu County
- H.E Gladys Wanga, CBS Governor, Homa Bay County
- Dr Augustine Cheruiyot, Snr. Economic Advisor Office of The President
- Dr Husna Mbarak, FAO Kenya Office
- Dr Gaudiose Mujawamariya, AfricaRice
- Vivian Atakos, CGIAR GENDER Impact Platform