CSW67: Closing the gender gap – investing in gender-responsive innovations and digitization of land
The CGIAR GENDER Impact Platform is contributing to an official CSW67 side event organized by Kenya's Ministry of Public Service, Gender and Affirmative Action.
The objectives of this event include
- Showcasing best practices and opportunities that women have in promoting food security ventures through innovation;
- Demonstrating how innovation in agricultural value chains can influence the change in the quality of life for their households;
- Demonstrating the strategic value associated with women in leadership, towards the achievement of food and nutrition security and the central role of women in attaining food and nutrition security; and,
- Modeling the multiple roles that different actors can bring in strategic partnerships to amplify the voice and role of women in advancing gendered innovations in food security with like-minded organizations.
- H.E. Anne Waiguru, EGH Governor, Kirinyaga County
- H.E Cecily Mbarire, MGH Governor, Embu County
- H.E Gladys Wanga, CBS Governor, Homa Bay County
- Dr Augustine Cheruiyot, Snr. Economic Advisor Office of The President
- Dr Husna Mbarak, FAO Kenya Office
- Dr Gaudiose Mujawamariya, AfricaRice
- Vivian Atakos, CGIAR GENDER Impact Platform