The call for contributions for the online global conference Cultivating Equality: Advancing Gender Research in Agriculture and Food Systems is now open, until June 4, 2021. The conference will be held from 12-15 October 2021.
How can you contribute and participate?
The conference will actively engage researchers, students, and other actors to move forward the agenda of gender research in agriculture and food systems.
The call for contributions is now open, until June 4, 2021.
We invite proposals for single contributions or full sessions dedicated to capacity strengthening, scientific discussions, multi-stakeholder exchanges, and more, in various interactive formats.
- How do gender concepts, theories and frameworks fare in their application and how can current practice better inform gender theory and concepts?
- What lenses can gender research provide to understand the complex nature of today’s rural livelihoods, including interconnections between resource-based and non-agricultural livelihoods?
- What new, well-informed narratives and discourses help us overcome myths around gender in agriculture and food systems?
- How can research contribute to systemic change toward gender equality?
- What new methodological and other innovations can contribute to cultivating equality in agri-food systems?
Abstract or session selection criteria
- Selection criteria used to assess submissions may include:
- Relevance of the abstract or session to the conference themes and angles
- Research merit, innovation, originality and interest
- Quality of the abstract, in terms of content and language
- Representation of early and late career researchers and researchers from or working around the globe
For a rich exchange of knowledge and perspectives, we welcome proposals for contributions from researchers at every stage of their career, from around the globe.
Conference language: English
June 4, 2021: Deadline for proposal submission
July 1, 2021: Notification of acceptance/rejection of proposed contributions
July 1, 2021: Registration begins
For general queries:
For technical and general queries, please contact:
Cultivating Equality 2021