The CGIAR GENDER Platform is pleased to announce a call for proposals for innovation grants for the period 2021-2022.
*EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS*
To allow sufficient time for collaboration between Centers, the GENDER Platform Methods Module is extending the deadline for submission of concept notes by two weeks – to 11:59PM US ET on March 15, 2021.
See the updated dates below:
- Call announced 22 January 2021
- Informational webinar 12 February 2021
- Submission of concept notes 15 March 2021
- Invitation to submit full proposals 29 March 2021
- Submission of full proposals 3 May 2021
- Notification of awards 7 June 2021
- Grants start 1 July 2021
The innovation grants, part of the Platform’s Methods module, are aimed at developing rigorous, transdisciplinary, cutting-edge methods and tools to support global gender researchers in conducting high-quality research in food systems. We aim to have an initial portfolio of research projects that will address existing methodological gaps, bridge disciplinary siloes, and create tools, protocols, guidelines, and instruments that will add value to the GENDER Platform’s offer to scientists working in food systems innovation and research.
Each grant will be a maximum of USD 250,000, and up to four (4) grants will be awarded through a competitive selection process. The maximum duration for each awarded grant is 18 months with an estimated start date of 1 July 2021.
In order for applications to be eligible for review, they must be led by a CGIAR Center, and satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research to international standards of excellence in the topic proposed.
- Demonstrate strong and equitable partnerships, across CGIAR and especially with national agricultural research systems (NARS) and other low- and middle-income country partners. Concept notes must clearly show meaningful, collaborative relationships through management and scientific contributions, and capacity and learning exchange. The added value arising from bringing together complementary expertise and partnerships must be clearly described. All named researchers must have clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate relevance to at least one of the key gender research themes and linkages to the One CGIAR impact areas specified in Call for Applications (Section 2).
CGIAR Centers are eligible to lead or be included in multiple applications. However, only one successful proposal per lead Center will be selected for funding.
The call will follow a two-step process:
- Step 1: Applicants should first submit a concept note
- Step 2: Selected teams will be invited to submit a full proposal
Application submission deadline
Concept notes must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Monday, 1 March 2021 Eastern Time (7:59 AM, Tuesday, 2 March 2021 East Africa Time) via email to GenderPlatform@cgiar.org with a copy to Grecia Tibayrenc (G.email@example.com).
Full proposals must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Monday, 26 April 2021 Eastern Time (6:59 AM, Tuesday, 27 April 2021 East Africa Time) via email to GenderPlatform@cgiar.org with a copy to Grecia Tibayrenc (G.firstname.lastname@example.org).
For details on the timelines, please see the Call for Applications.
Please find all the call documentation below. Note, some documents are not yet available and will be published in due course. The FAQ document will be updated periodically in response to your feedback.
- Call for applications (updated March 16 2021)
- Concept note template (updated March 16 2021)
- Frequently asked questions (last updated March 16 2021)
- Webinar recording and presentation (last updated February 15, 2021)
- Full proposal template (not yet available)
If you have questions regarding the call and the application/selection process, please check our FAQ document in the first instance. If you're unable to find the answer you're looking for, then please send an email to GenderPlatform[at]cgiar.org.
Sign up for our updates
If you would like to be notified about GENDER Platform news and updates, please sign up for our newsletter.