This online course aims to empower and inspire women and girls to strengthen their leadership skills in order to deliver green climate initiatives rooted in the principles of inclusion and equity.
This course is in English.
What will you learn?
You will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of addressing climate change through an inclusive and equitable lens and share examples of best practices.
- Demonstrate how climate change disproportionately impacts women and explain approaches that put gender equality at their heart.
- Develop or strengthen your climate action to increase its impact and ensure it does not leave anyone behind.
- Recognise your strengths as a leader and become an influential changemaker
What resources do you need to do it?
You need internet access and a computer
More about this training
It targets women and girls who are ready to start, or have just started, their climate journey, who would like support to develop key leadership skills and to access a rich base of knowledge on climate action rooted in inclusivity and equity.
The material is asynchronous: you can start the course at any time and work through the material at the time that suits you best.
This is a four-week course with total time commitment of 9 hours over this period. Additional 3 hours may be required to work through non-mandatory exercises and Personal Development Plan.
Learners will receive a free certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Week 1: Introduction to climate change and inclusive climate change action.
- Week 2: Women at the heart of climate action.
- Week 3: Taking the lead on inclusive climate action.
- Week 4: Influencing change and staying resilient.
To enroll for the training, one must:
- Be concerned about climate change and its impacts and want insights on how to start taking impactful action locally.
- Have an idea what change needs to happen, but are looking for tools to strengthen your work.
- Be keen to learn how to strengthen the inclusivity and equity considerations in your existing climate work.
To sign up, register through this online form.
If the information provided is complete, you will receive access to the online course within 72h.